2019 Scholarship Program
High School Graduates Scholarship Packet
Ongoing College Students Scholarship Packet
Trades and Techincal Education Students Scholarship Packet
Educational Scholarship Fund - Mission, Rules, and Process
Mission of the Scholarship Fund
The Saipan Chamber of Commerce Educational Scholarship Fund provides one-time monetary awards to amounting to $12,000 in total for deserving applicants. Each scholarship will be awarded to applicants in the following categories:
- High School Level
- College Level
- Vocational Education Level
Each student should demonstrate academic and personal excellence. College student applicants must be accepted or enrolled in a two-year or four-year college. Pellegrino Vocational award students must be accepted and/or enrolled in a vocational education course. One of the Chamber’s goals is to promote and enable postsecondary education and to publicly acknowledge and reward the academic and extracurricular accomplishments of deserving students.
Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time scholarship award to help defray the cost of their postsecondary education. Payments are made directly to the educational institution on behalf of the student and may not be used for any other purpose.
Mission of the Selection Committee
The Committee seeks a combination of academic and personal excellence in individuals who may one day unselfishly contribute to our island community.
Basis of Consideration
- Academic Excellence – an expression of strong intellectual curiosity and perseverance; proven record of achievement of academic success through test, examination, and grade point average results.
- Extracurricular Success – an expression of dedication and devotion to one’s passion in life; the expression of sympathy for and protection of the disadvantaged or weak.
- Leadership Force – an expression of moral force of character, strong instincts to lead, and of interest in one’s fellow beings, as well as a desire to nurture fellowship.
- Service Learning- an expression of meeting real community needs. Service Learning is a method of teaching and learning that connects classroom lessons with meaningful service to the community.
- Application and accompanying materials must be submitted in their entirety by the required deadline of April 19th, 2019 at 5:00PM to the office of the Chamber of Commerce on the third floor of the Marianas Business Plaza Suite #315.
- Eligibility requirements must be met.
- Applicant may be selected for a personal interview with the panel of judges selected by the Saipan Chamber of Commerce Education Committee.